Last update: Aug 19, 2018
The Site, together with all its content, is owned and controlled by an NGO: 4Water, Glasgow University Union, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8LX. Proceeds from 4Water are donated to the UK-based charity, WaterAid, however the Site is not owned or controlled by WaterAid.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
In order to raise money for WaterAid, provide our services, or to contact our supporters, we may collect and process certain personal information provided on a voluntary basis through channels such as our online forms or by email.
We take care to keep this information secure and prevent any unauthorized access or unlawful use of it as described in the “Security” section below.
The personal information you may provide to us could include your name, address, gender, email addresses and/or mobile phone numbers. Indirect or involuntary personal information is not collected or held by 4Water.
NON-PERSONAL OR AGGREGATE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the type of browser or device operating system you use, the domain name of the website from which you linked to us, the preferred language you have chosen. We may also aggregate information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular region or having particular characteristics). We use this information to optimize your browsing experience.
The information we collect about you or you providing to us will be used solely to achieve our goals: getting back to our supporters, provide services and raising money for WaterAid.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com; however, in that event, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
We will only share your personal information as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you (i.e. written communication with 4Water).
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our volunteers and webmasters.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provided it.
- To third party service providers that we use to support our charity who use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures, appropriate to the risk, to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the complete security of any information provided online. Should a security breach be detected, all affected parties shall be contacted accordingly. 4Water does not assume liability for security breaches or unauthorised access of stored information.
We retain your personal information, if provided by you through the Site, for as long as your inquiry is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time if necessary to comply with legal obligations. If we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregated or anonymous data previously collected so that it can no longer be used for personal identification and/or anonymize or aggregate your personal information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites from within the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites. When you link away from our Site, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website you visit.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
The Site may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Site, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, same as our visitors, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
INFORMATION RELATING TO CHILDREN
COMMUNICATIONS WITH 4WATER
By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other services provided by us. We will not give your email address to another party for their marketing purposes.
If you want your personal information deleted, or you want to avoid sharing of your personal information as specified in “INFORMATION SHARING“, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you want to opt-out.
“DO NOT TRACK“ SIGNALS
Please note that we do not need to respond to or honor “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. These signals are meant to achieve secure browsing, however, some aggregated information collected from our users (such as the region from which the user connects) still may be tracked.
YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), including the following:
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectify your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your personal information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your personal information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
- If you are located in the European Union and you are or have been our user or supporter, we may send you email communications based on our legitimate interests, and it is your right to opt out of such communications.
- Further, if you are located in the European Union, we will never share your personal information with a third party for a third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your personal information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS